Once upon a time, I was a full time writer/ translator for some fancy schmancy magazine publishers and advertising agencies based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I made a tidy sum, rubbed shoulders with the local celebs, attended glamourous press events, and getting free meals, shoes, perfumes, electronics, concert tickets and even free vacations.
Then, I got married and came to Vietnam. *deadpan*
Humour aside, I had grown to love HCMC throughout the years -- warts, motorbikes and all. No longer at the mercy of rat race (and deadlines), I spent some of the best times of my life here making great friends, salivating over bowls of Bun Bo Hue and getting my nails done for a dollar. Carpe diem!
My reviews (10)
- Baan Thai: Best Tom Yum ever
- Citimart: A decent mini mart
- Somerset Chancellor Court: Could be better
- Subway: Speedy service, subpar sandwiches
- Urban Station Coffee: Mediocre drinks in modern setting
- Annam Gourmet Market: A convenient neighborhood store
- Boat House: Tranquil dining on the riverbanks
- Big C: Compact yet complete
- Lotteria: Fuss free, affordable fast food
- NYDC: Long overdue D2 outlet opens